a video from my dearest Mama


If there's one thing other than love that binds the Rosagaran family, it is music. That's my mother's family. Whenever they get together, there's always singing. I could remember Lola Young's old house being full of laughter and a lot of singing usually during fiesta and All Souls' Day. There are eight of them: Mama Josie, Mama Didith, Auntie Ester, Uncle Sammy, Auntie Malen, Uncle Yoyong, Mommy Helen, Uncle Rene and Auntie Wency; Mama being second to the eldest. All of them are gifted with beautiful voice and when they sing, their voices blend really well, like voices of a thousand angels. I wished we had videos during those times but unfortunately we don't. Their signature songs are Sa Matag Pitik Ning Dughan and Paradista. Those were really really old songs. Very few people sing these songs these days.  But the one I'm sharing below is I Enjoy Being a girl and Samtang Di Pa Kita Kasal, this was recorded  (thanks to Kevin) during Ate Geegile's birthday. This is how they enjoy music.


Dearest Mama Didith,  
Seeing you singing like this happy makes me smile. We have been thinking a lot about you these past few days. I guess the longing never stops until we meet again. I still hear your voice in the melody of your favorite songs. And I pray that it will never fade away. Sometimes, I dread each day that passes by because I am afraid that each day takes me further away from you. But it's almost a year now and yet I could recall all those moments with you as if it was just yesterday. And it hurts that I can't go back... because there are a lot of things I could've done better. There are a lot of things I could've said... Ma, I am sorry for all my shortcomings. Sorry if I have failed you. I'm sorry for all the sufferings you had to go through that I was not able to be of help. I'm sorry for all the things I have failed to do... I know I could not turn back the hands of time no matter how hard I could try. So I'll continue to move forward and I will continue to make you proud. I love you so much, Ma... always and forever... I'll wait for that day we could be singing together.

Comments

Popular Posts