a song for my dearest Mama

This is the first Danish song I fell in love with and spent several nights with Dansk-Engelsk ordbog (that's Danish-English dictionary) to fully understand the song. I fell in love with it even more when I understood what the lyrics meant. Everytime I sing this song, I always thought of Mama. It is amazing how a song can bring out what you could not even say. I haven't sing this song in front of her though... because she won't understand and it would be quite a long process trying to translate each part while singing... but well, I wish I did... I really wish I did.

Dearest Mama Didith,
 I know you have always been proud of me and the smallest thing that I do. But I have always wished I could do more because you have given me the best, therefore, you deserve nothing but my best, too. I know that I haven't told you I love you as often as I have felt it. I just wished that I have shown it to you. 
As I am singing this song, I am praying that the melody reaches heaven and will make you smile. I love you so much and I am missing you as I write each piece of my broken heart. I know that you are always thinking of us and I am grateful for those little moments I felt your presence even when you're gone. I know that you love us and I will always treasure that in my heart. And that love is what we will hold on to as we go through this life. You have shown us incredible strength and those memories of you, how you fought for us, is our strength too. Even when we cry now,  even when we're hurt, please be at peace still because we are stronger now because of you. (Uhurmmm... mokanta nako Ma ha. hehe)



WHAT IF

If I was a sailboat, on the open sea,
She'd be the wind that'd take me home.
If I was a corn field,
She'd be the summer rain, that'd finally come again.
And if I was a big city,
She'd be energy, that gives me life and light now.
And if I was 7 again,
She'd be snow that fell outside my window.
She means everything to me,
Never let it go.
She is my everything,
I'm not going to stand alone.
So what if the stars one day were gone,
And what if the wind died down
And the sun never again showed its face.
What would I then do?
And what if the snow melted away,
and what if the rain never came.
What if everything became completely black?
I hope that never happens, I have need of you here.
Oh oh, oh oh oh oh oh oh. Oh oh, oh oh oh oh oh oh.
If I was a butterfly,
She would be the sunshine, that warmed my wings.
If I was lost out in the forest
She'd be the stars above that show me the way, my pathfinder.
[Jay:] It's my life, I enjoy the show. I know, that it sounds embarrassing,
But there's things I'm giving, that mean something.
Hey star in the distance, show me the way and I'll follow it.
We do it, we're here. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
[Nik:] Nik, yo. Let me fight a little, love a little. I only need a moment.
Before the tides wash it all away, I will write for me and mine,
And I'll try to write for you and yours,
Because nobody deserves to live alone.

My Danish is limited so I had to find the best translation there is in the web. 
Taken from http://lyricstranslate.com/en/hvad-nu-hvis-what-if.html#ixzz3fPqzEs5P

Comments

Popular Posts