a day to live

March '06

As I wake up in the morning
     and feel the whisper of the cold wind on my face,
it is you that I think of--
     wishing your day started with a smile,
     that charming smile that wrinkled you face.

As each moment passes by,
     I start to wonder if you're having a great time,
     hoping you are doing well,
     wishing you're more than just fine.
     praying... that you're more than just okay...

As the morning sun sets,
     I think of myself thinking of you...
     wondering why have I kept myself act like a fool.
     asking myself, "Haven't I had enough?"
     "Why can't I just give you up?"
     "Why can't I just let this feeling go?"
     "Why can't I just forget everything about you?"
But I only find myself staring blankly at everything I see
     because of one single fact that hunts me--
     forgetting you is next to impossibility.

As the night comes,
     I'd silently wish that you had a great day,
     had few laughs, shared few smiles
     and feel grateful for this day...

And as the world starts to turn for \a new day to begin,
     I creep into my bed with you face in my head;
     and the tears start to flow as I close my eyes and force myself to sleep
     with a prayer in my head--
          that you may be fine...
         and that I may be fine, too...
         that for the new day to begin, I won't be hurting again for missing you...

Comments

Popular Posts