to love and... just to love

Something in me has changed... 160 degrees change... Maybe it has something to do with watching the life of St. Francis, because somehow, I felt and understood what it is to live by the life he chose to live, a life of loving God... or maybe it has something to do with the Scripture readings and daily meditations, and heaven letters and God whispers, and yeah, practising the presence of God by Brother Lawrence... Because just few days ago, I am completely devastated... I've cried so much out of grief, out of worries, out of fears because of all of the happenings around the world...

And then, I felt that God opened my mind and my heart to understanding that I can never understand His ways... And I have to accept it. The mind of God is totally different from the mind of human. And it is because He is God. Then, I tried to reflect... It may look devastating, it may look like a loss... but we never knew what it is like in heaven. Perhaps, the ones who have died are even more lucky than we who are alive... for they can be with the Lord forever... isn't that what we are looking forward to? Isn't that what brings us real joy? Should we fear death? Isn't it something we should look forward to? Is the world going to end? Isn't that what we've waited for 2011 years? for the Lord's coming will be at hand? and we who suffer in this present life will suffer no more for He will wipe every tear in our eyes? Shouldn't it give us comfort rather than agony and fear?

And suddenly... my heart is at peace... because I've come to know that I must love God with all my heart... whatever the circumstances may be, whatever situation, whoever I am with, I must love God... for the sake of loving... for He, Himself is God...

I've come to realize that my life should be lived loving Him... and He is in every person, in every creature, in every thing... If my waking days will still be long, I will give thanks because it gives me time to know Him more...and love Him more...

I still continue to pray for everyone who have died, because I believe in the unexplainable power of prayer, I believe that prayer saves souls... and I pray for every broken hearts out there, for every broken homes, for those who cry out because of pain, hunger, and thirst, for the suffering world, and for the hopeless that they may find hope and strength in the Lord... for when we begin to trust Him, He blesses us with understanding... He makes us see and feel how great His love is. He makes us face every affliction with confidence... He will never leave us nor forsake us.

Jesus lives in you and me... inside us... We only have to acknowledge His presence every single second of every single day... Our Lord, hears our prayers... for when we pray, Christ Himself (with all the scars from the wounds He acquired during His sorrowful passion) brings our petition to the Father. And how can God say no to His beloved Son? to the very sacrificial Lamb?


Let us continue to pray... and no matter what, let us LOVE... just love... Remember Jesus said, "You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you." 


And also, “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."


That is the kind of love God has for us... that is the kind of heart I hope to acquire... a heart that can love just like the way Jesus loves... May we all have a heart that loves... just love. God bless us all :)

Comments

Popular Posts