The Fisherman's Prayer

Today is one of the best days I've had.

It's a day well-spent.

It's not the kind that I was laughing a lot but the kind of day that I did pause for a second and smiled and realized how blessed I am to be able to finally feel happy.

It's not that I've been sad for a long time. It's just that... I found myself in a place I've missed so much. The green woods, the smell of the grass, the sound of the waters splashing through the rocks, the sound of the birds...

Suddenly, it felt like home. Except for the cold weather, of course. But nonetheless, I am happy. And it surprised me that it doesn't hurt like before. You know, missing home. It still hurts but not that much. Maybe because I was so so overwhelmed with the beauty of nature around me.

And to make my day complete, I've read a prayer which made me smile.

Here it goes,



OH HELP ME LORD

TO CATCH A FISH,

SO BIG THAT EVEN I,

WHEN TELLING OF IT AFTERWARDS,

MAY NEVER NEED TO LIE.

AMEN.



It's like a prayer of an innocent child... or an innocent fisherman. Whatever. This made me smile. ;)

Comments

Popular Posts