It's not about the happy ending...

"Give what you can. Do what you can. God will cover the difference."

I just read Bo Sanchez's Life Manual 101: How to Make Your Dreams Come True. True to his words, I felt blessed immensely. Like my heart wants to burst with joy for the newly found understanding. I consider Brother Bo as my mentor. He has touched a lot of lives without even knowing it and I really wish one day, I'd be able to hold his hand or hug him tight to let him know how much he touched my life and taught me profoundly about God's love.


I know that God's timing is perfect. I may not understand His will sometimes but as I aged, I've come to realize that God's No isn't really a No but Wait. And while I wait, I have learned the value of hard work, of perseverance, of positive attitude and humility. God is molding me into someone that would fit His purpose. And isn't that what matters in life?


At this point of time, I have to dream new dreams. I guess, I have stopped dreaming when Mama died. And it had been a long time I have carried a life full of emptiness. Isn't that weird? using full and empty in one sentence? I know it is. And I have lived in that sense because I stopped dreaming.


I have yet a long journey and I now know how to approach life. It is not easy... and it is meant to be not easy. I also just learned that the beautiful pearls are made when an irritant (which is usually a parasite) works its way into an oyster, mussel or clam. If there were no irritants, the oyster, mussel or clam will not produce a fluid as a defense mechanism, thus coating the irritant and layers of coating turns into a beautiful pearl. Just like diamonds, they were formed from ugly rocks under great pressure. I guess what I'm meaning to say is that there is no beauty without the ugliness... What makes life beautiful is not the splendor of all wonderful things but overcoming all those hard, ugly battles and tasting the sweetness of wisdom. 


The beauty of the dream is not the dream itself but the struggles in making it come true. And we are equipped in making it happen. 


It's not about the happy ending... It's the story... not the mountain... but the climb... It's not the destination...but the journey.


Amen to that. :)

Comments

Popular Posts