A Morning Prayer

SWEET JESUS, lay your wounded Hand

upon my head and bless me.

Stretch forth that same Hand

and bless each one at home.

And now give me Your Crook.


I will return it to You tonight

and help me to go around in Your Fold

just for today doing Your work in Your way.

Do not let the human in me spoil

anything You give me to do.


Push me back when I would go wrong

and make me go forward

when I am afraid to do right.

Be with me in my dealings with each soul

with whom I come in contract

and grant that each may know, love and serve You better

for having passed me by.

One favor, You will not think that I am presumptuous

for You understand me.

I want to know, love and serve You better

than anyone else on earth.

And when life's little day is ended

and its task complete,

give me a place at Your Feet

to rest for all eternity. Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts